Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One Day Winner





I really don't like to post without atleast ONE photo so I'm going to start sharing "past" things I've made when I don't have anything recent I can share. In this photo is a Lazy Girl purse I had made for our DGD, Katie in 2007. I used the foam in the ladybug to create the 3D effect on the black spots as well as the feet when embroidering. Kelli is raising Katie right - she's a purse-aholic like her Mommy and Mimi....LOL

I LOVE sewing/embroidering/quilting and just about any craft that is available. Kelli (DD) has now outdone her Mom in crocheting. She crochets so beautifully - I will share the pic of a purse she made me this past Christmas in another post.

How many of you still cross stitch? Yes, I still love cross-stitch too, even if it is from the 80's,,LOL Below is one I made while living in Cairo, Egypt. It was framed by a wonderful Egyptian there. (As many of you know, I "do" Christmas year-round.)


Okay, enough "past" things....sorry for rambling but it's SEW good to be back to Blogland. I'm still having to do a couple strange things to be able to post and upload pics but I'm "working it".

The winner of Stephanie's wonderful "Barefoot in the Park" pattern is:

#6, Cyndi of Bluebird's Wing
Please take time to visit Cyndi's blog, she makes the most wonderful handbags. I would love to "One Day" (excuse the pun) be the proud owner of one her beautiful creations. She is such a talent.
Congrats Cyndi - please email me your personal email address and I'll have Stephanie get a copy of "Barefoot in the Park" to you.

16 comments:

Barb said...

How awesome for Cyndi...she is an amazing gal!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Congratulations to Cyndi! I can't wait to start on my Barefoot in the Park quilt :-)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations to Cyndi!

Cindy, you are a lady of many talents. That ladybug bag is darling!!!

Cyndi said...

Oh my gosh, Cindy, I am sooo excited! I'm just now checking e-mails and reading blogs for the day because I've been gone all day today. I am thrilled to have won this darling pattern....will e-mail you in just a sec! Thanks soooo much!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Sinta Renee said...

congrats to Cyndi! That pattern will be perfect for her!!! Nice to see you Cindy!

Crispy said...

What a cute bag for your DGD and yep I still do counted cross stitch. It was once my go-to project when I couldn't quilt, now that's knitting.

Crispy

PS - Thanks for the sweet e-mail....ditto :0) Lionel, Stevie Wonder & Neil Diamond are my favs to listen to.

sewmeow said...

Congrats to Cyndi.

Pictures really do work....don't they? as the saying goes; 'a picture is worth 1000 words'.

Chris said...

So fun to have you back! :-) And I still do some cross stitch although the fabric seems to have "shrunk". Ha!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Are you still having problems with blogger? Miss seeing you around blog land Cindy.

soggibottom said...

I seem to have missed a few things :-) Going to have to play catch up :-)xxx

FishFishShark said...

Do you still have the Christmas cross-stich pattern, you did while in Cairo. Three green houses. Or do you know where I can get the pattern? Janet

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats!

Happy blogoversary :)

Marydon said...

Love that little bag!


Would you be so kind to (& tell your friends) comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails don’t count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Just popping in to wish you a nice weekend, and hope you are doing well. I read Quilt Hollow's post, and it did remind me how life takes different turns than we plan sometimes. Hope you'll be "back in business" very soon!
Greetings from Norway,
Laila

Polly said...

Cindy Lou who!! I'm sos sorry to learn of your recent stroke. I'm so gratful that your family was there and got you immediate help! Wish I lived nearby so I could come over and help!! God bless you, dear friend!

Kerry said...

Hi Cindy.

I have been looking for the cross stitch houses you made. My mom got it as a gift and I have been looking for the pattern for years to make myself one. Do you have the pattern? DO you know how I can find it or the name of the pattern or the book it was in.. Please please help me find this!!
Also you did a BEAUTIFUL job on it!
Kerry
chpmnk0501@comcast.net